What is a Disability?
A disability, as defined by the AODA, includes any degree of physical disability, infirmity, malformation or disfigurement, conditions of mental impairment or developmental disabilities, learning disabilities, mental disorders, and injury or disability for which benefits were claimed or received under the Workplace Safety & Insurance Act, 1997. Disabilities may be visible or invisible. They may be continuous, intermittent or temporary and can vary in severity. Information about a person’s disability is personal so must be treated with privacy and confidentiality.
Our Customer Service Policy is offered in accessible format if requested.
The following accessible services are not available at Shah Trading Co. Ltd.:
- Assistive devices – wheelchairs, walkers, oxygen tanks.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Documentation from a regulated health professional must be provided confirming a service animal is required for reasons relating to their disability. Service animals are allowed on our premises that are open to the public, i.e. office area.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on Shah Trading Co. Ltd. premises.
NOTICE OF TEMPORARY DISRUPTION
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities Shah Trading Co. Ltd. will notify customers promptly by phone followed by email. A clearly posted notice will be posted in regards to the particular situation as to the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
Shah Trading Co. Ltd. facilities, includes Wheelchair ramp accessibility to the main entrance of the building.
Shah Trading Co. Ltd. will provide accessible customer service training to all employees and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. Training will also be provided to people involved in the development of policies, plans, practices and procedures related to the provision of our goods and services.
TRAINING WILL INCLUDE:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Requirements of the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use the equipment or devices available on-site or otherwise that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Shah Trading Co. Ltd.. Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our Accessible Customer Service Policy.
People with disabilities can provide feedback to Shah Trading Co. Ltd. in the following way(s):
- Feedback may be received through email, by phone or in person to the employee overseeing the Accessibility Standard Act.
Any feedback forward to Shah Trading Co. Ltd. will be addressed with the customer within one week of the feedback or complaint. Such contact will take place via a phone call followed up by a letter from the employee overseeing the Accessibility Standard Act.
NOTICE OF AVAILABILITY
Shah Trading Co. Ltd. will notify the public that our documents related to accessible customer service, are available upon request by posting a notice on our website.
MODIFICATIONS TO THIS OR OTHER POLICIES
Any policy, practice or procedure of Shah Trading Co. Ltd. that does not respect and promote the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity for people with disabilities will be modified or removed.